The holiday season is always so stressful — finding the perfect gifts and getting everything ready in time for family gatherings — until it comes time for the parties. The office party, in particular, because that’s when you can really get dolled up! This season, I’m obsessed with this photo above, her look is effortless and she is just oozing personal style. I’m considering this my holiday inspiration and here’s how to copy it!
I’ve been brushing up on all of the Sex and the City seasons lately in my free time and I am obsessing all over again. Sarah Jessica Parker, though sometimes a little over the top, has more style in her pinky finger than I have in my whole body. I love her. And she only gets better with age.
I started watching Breaking Bad recently and I’m hooked. Krysten Ritter plays the girlfriend of Aaron Paul’s character and she’s pretty kick-ass. And now she has her own show, Don’t Trust the B in Apt. 23, which is hilarious! Especially the parts where James Van Der Beek is on-screen, playing himself—all arrogant and snobby. I love it!
Since you get quite a bit of fashion on my blog, I thought I would do something different and super relevant, as miss Sarah is off visiting the beautiful place I’m about to talk about! I take a ton of photos of life in the city, but I never really say much. So, today I thought I’d share five reasons I love living in San Francisco.
1. The Views– Being surrounded by the bay makes this city so picturesque! And the old architecture and apartment buildings are so classic and unique to the city. You will catch a stunning view from every direction (even from my bedroom)!
2. Different Neighborhoods– it’s like a new adventure every day or every weekend! Each neighborhood is completely unique; from the restaurants, to the people, to even the coffee shops. It’s fun to walk just a couple blocks and feel a complete different vibe.
3. Parks– The parks here are just gorgeous and have stunning views. Nothing beats a warm afternoon at the park with friends, food, and games! I love that everyone participates too!
4. Healthy and Vegan Friendly– They’re so many vegan options (grocery shopping and dining out) I don’t think I could ever leave! Health and fitness are a huge part of my life, so to live in one of the most active/fit cities, makes it feel more like a community. To be surrounded by like-minded people who also like to take care of themselves feels good and refreshing.
5. Amazing Restaurants– It’s almost like you don’t need an explanation. So many options, great quality, real food. Italian thin crust pizza’s in sf are to die for! And if you’re ever here visiting, Tipsy Pig’s Strawberry Fields is a must!
Thanks so much for having me Sarah! Hope you’re having a blast in my neck of the woods :)
I visit so many sites daily, how can I decide on just 3?…. I get a lot of inspiration by browsing Tumblr and Pinterest (food, DIY’s, fashion). I do love me a daily dose of Alicia from Cheetah is the New Black (she’s a shorty like me, so I like to see how she styles things).
For today’s guest post we have two special ladies, Natasha + Shannon of Lost + Found. They are special not only because we’re blog buds (am I overusing that term??) but they are also freelance clients of mine! They commented on my post about planning this very trip to San Fran way back in the Spring, we got to chatting (and skyping), I designed their logo, and now I’m meeting up with them in their hometown! Isn’t the blog-world fabulous?
inspired by the concrete jungle and surrounding mother nature we call home, we’d like to share some of our local favs:
viracocha in the mission : feels like a repurposed wonderland. mountain meets desert. antique treasure trove. go see for yourself!
go-to hang outs:
other local fav things we have to share: